Rock For The Rules Volume 2 is now available for download at rockforfules.bandcamp.com. 57 artists in all. $5 minimum donation.
Rock For The Rules Volume 2 is the second compilation to benefit Leah and Rob Rule. It features several songs that I had a hand in creating:
- I Love – a Tom T. Hall cover by Eric Kassel & Friends
- The Rain Won’t Help You When It’s Over – The Whirligigs doing a True Believers cover recorded live at the 400 Bar in 1994 or so
- Woodshed Trump by Joseph Coder Incinerator. This is an old unreleased recording of mine from 1998
- Over My Shoulder by Martin Devaney – I produced and recorded this track and also directed the music video
- Ocean Called You by John Ewing. I co-produced and recorded this track as well
I’m currently working on the second installment of Rock For The Rules, another fundraiser to benefit Leah and Rob Rule. (The first one can be found here.) Leah is currently in hospice care at home after battling cancer for nearly two years. All proceeds will once again go to the Rules to help cover medial expenses and lost wages.
Volume two is going to be doozy—an amazing musical love letter to Leah and Rob. So far I’ve lined up about 35 artists, including Ike Reilly, Rank Strangers, Kruddler, Billy Dankert (Gear Daddies), Dan Israel, Mike Nicolai, The Roe Family Singers, Impaler, and many others.
The talented Mr. Pat Moriarity created the cover art you see above.
There’s even a website, rockfortherules.com, although there’s not much there yet.
Pre-orders should be up soon. Stay tuned…View
Andrea Swensson wrote a great article about the history of the Turf Club, Rob and Leah Rule, and the upcoming Rock For The Rules benefit concert at the Amsterdam in St. Paul.View
I recently put together and released this compilation to help raise some money to help my friends Leah and Rob Rule.
In April, Leah was diagnosed with cancer and had a tumor removed. She is undergoing chemotherapy, and is doing well.
Anyway, there’s some great music on there, including an unreleased Crossing Guards song and a song from an old one-off band I formed for Raleigh’s Burrito Bash at the Turf Club in 1996, Crotch Rockets.
You can buy it here for a minimum contribution of $1.
Listen to some tracks below.View